September 21, 2005

It all evens itself out in the end…

So as the saying goes, "it all evens itself out in the end".

At least this is what people say, but it is rubbish!

It rarely evens itself out in the end.

What actually happens is, one person fucks someone over (does them a disservice) and then they fuck someone else over and a domino affect is started but there is always someone who is closer to the top of the pile and therefore someone who is closer to the bottom. Personally I am neither at the bottom nor the top but somewhere in the lower half. I would not want to be one of those wankers at the top, because they are wankers (simple as that). Not only would I not like to be one of those wankers but I would not like to even know them if I can avoid it.


What tends to happen in my experience is, people give as much to who ever they choose for their own reasons (of which there are many) and then they take what they need (or want) from people, as they feel comfortable.
I know people that seem to give too much in some ways and too little in others (that’s life) but some people give too much overall and some people take too much overall.

Living in a city I see this all the time, it is the people who are mostly considerate of others who make life better for everyone and some people just take the fuckin’ piss. There is no better place to demonstrate this point than on the roads.
You get drivers that will act with consideration for the most part and (for example) let you out at a junction. And then you get drivers that just think of themselves and “act like they own the road”. This is why we end up with “road rage”,

Too many vehicles on the road + Selfish and inconsiderate drivers = Road rage.


But what happens when you are put in the situation where you have to say, “ok, enough is enough, things can’t continue this way”?

Sometimes people get angry and defensive, especially if they feel that you are questioning their integrity (even though you may be just trying to find a balance and nip a situation in the bud before it gets out of hand).

Sometimes it can be done in a way that both parties are able to understand each other’s stance and just redraw certain boundaries and live happily ever after (for a while anyway).

Sometimes both of these things will happen; it may take a bit of conflict to resolve an issue (whether you like it or not).

You could just put up with the problem and hope it goes away, but this can be like burying your head in the sand and unless you intend to live your entire life with your head there, it will all end in tears (for sure).

So, for my own piece of mind I am going to have to do something.
Either change the way I interact with people or learn to deal with conflict in as amicable a way as I can. I just wish that someone else would sort it out for me, but that is no way for an adult to think and apparently I am an adult know (oh to be a boy again)…

So I conclude that what goes around does come around perhaps, it just doesn’t seem to come around here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home