September 05, 2005

I love you mum!

Oh mother your lovely and I am your son
Mother you’re so stubborn and too I am one
One of those people, imposable to teach
Try as you may, you just cannot reach

Reach for the stars and do it alone
Find yourself falling, as you whinge and you moan
You don’t need to be told, it’s not that you’re bold
But timing is all, you know your own mould

Mold will set in, we know where we’ve been
Injustice ingratitude and a world steeped in sin
But sin is part, part of what we have learned
From the pain in our souls, as our souls have been burned

Forgiveness is all we have in defence
Of a world so foolish and silly and dense
But love will not die as they leave us to cry
Who gives a fuck if they spit in our eye

Not me and not you, they do as they do
Hopefully for them they don’t have a clue
For guilt can be good, as it can be bad
But we are what we are and the times that we’ve had

Sunshine is everything, everything is you
Without you I’m nothing, I don’ have a clue
So thanks to your mother and her mother too
‘cause you are the best, oh mum I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home