September 05, 2005

Not just another pretty farce

Wise up love…

To have got by all your life just using your looks
The art of stage management and subtle direction
Some call them stunners, I call them crooks
As they slither through life avoiding detection

A flutter a pout and free drink in hand
And a wall is installed and indignant they stand
With a smirk in their mind but as years pass they’ll find
That the charm they once had, has long gone behind

I’m glad I’m not female; if I were I would blush
As the balance is offset, unstable and changing
Embittered with issues seeking men to then crush
Emotions smashed as dreams are dashed, you’ll see no return for the cheques they have cashed.

I don’t seek perfection, just a lack of deception
Free to open my heart without too much protection
To float like a cloud, without worry or strain
Some soft sensibility to sleep in my brain

Honesty, trust and an equal arrangement
Instead of lies, barbs and self satisfaction
I can’t be a spare, someone else’s replacement
A pastime, a hobby or a part time distraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home